Berwyn Township was established by the Illinois Legislature in 1922 as one of the few coterminous townships in the state. The Berwyn Public Health District was established at the same time. The Township and Public Health District moved to their present headquarters at 6600 W. 26th Street in 1939. Built for $50,000, construction of the building was made possible by federal grants under the Works Progress Administration (WPA). The Berwyn Public Health District provides immunizations free of charge to children that are uninsured or enrolled in Medicaid through the Vaccines For Children Program. Call for additional information and appointments for immunizations.